Botanical name: Bacopa Monnieri
Brahmi is a perpetualcrawling herb that is cultivated in the wetlands and commonly found throughout the Indian subcontinent,particularly northeast and southern regions.Its plant has green leaves with pretty white flowers. This herb has been named after Lord Brahma, the mythological creator of the world and the source of Ayurveda. Although excerpts of Bacopa have been found and used to treat different types of disorders for ages (pain,inflammation, epilepsy, etc.) possibly the chief beneficial claim concerning its benefits has been in enhancing memory.
- Brahmi is a Sanskrit word that means feminine spirit of generalmindfulness as well as the imaginative potential that emanates from absolute awareness.
- Brahmi is highly acclaimed for its "MedhyaRasayana" properties by Indian Ayurveda.
- In ancient Indian texts as far back as the 6th century,Brahmi is documented and widely used to endorse intellect and treat mind-related disorders.
- The primary ingredients found in Brahmi are bacopasides. Bacopasides have been linked with plummeting the betaamyloid leading to Alzheimer's.
- It regularizes all three Doshas and all Dhatus (tissues), particularly nerve, blood, and plasma.
- It has an effect on variousSrotas (system); like circulatory, digestive, nervous, excretory, muscular, and reproductive.
Brahmi- Health Benefits
- Brahmi leaveshave proteins that are considered great antioxidants
- Used as a tonic to reduce anxiety and stress
- It is neuroprotective and effective in Alzheimer’s disease and other diseases with cognitive weakening
- Brahmi at bedtime encourages sleep and is helpful in insomnia.
- It regulates blood pressure
- It helps in the management of diabetes
- It accelerates wound healing
- It is quite effective in reducing fever
- It helps asthma patients with improved breathing
Scientific Studies About Brahmi
- A review of Brahmi (CentellaAsiatica) as amedicinal plant and its benefits in various healthproblems.
- The neuroprotective properties of Brahmi and its bioactive components including reduction of ROS, neuroinflammation, aggregation inhibition of Amyloid-β and improvement of cognitive and learning behavior.
Dharmsala Teas with Brahmi
- Ayurvedic Boost Teabags - Kangra Green Tea with Ashwagandha, Shankpushpi, and Brahmi
- Himalayan Keshyam Blend
- The RaktaShodhana Blend