Himalayan First Flush Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
About Himalayan Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
Our Himalayan Hand Rolled Oolong Tea is a semi-oxidized tea, which places it mid-way between our green and black teas. This gives it the body and complexity of our black tea, while retaining the brightness and freshness of our green tea, making it a favorite of tea connoisseurs. The leaves, grown lovingly in our tea estates nestled in the Himalayas situated over 4,000 to 6,000 feet in altitude, are withered and then hand rolled instead of leaf being rolled in roller machines. Ample, developed, smooth, creamy and perfectly balanced – tasting our oolong tea offers a truly opulent experience.
Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
Potential Health Benefits:
Combines the goodness of green and black teas, improving alertness, boosting immunity, reducing absorption of fats, and promoting healthier skin.
- Scoop one teaspoon (~2gm) of hand rolled oolong tea into the infuser for one cup.
- Pour in freshly boiled water (ideally at 190°F)
- Let it brew for 4-5 min. Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
- Pour through a strainer and savour the aroma and flavor of this classic tea.
- Milk and Sugar may be added to taste. We recommend honey or brown sugar.
- Use again and again, you can steep this tea 2-3 times.
A cup of oolong tea is perfect to wind down after a nice meal or provide that mid-afternoon energy boost.