Himalayan White Tea
About Himalayan White Tea
Our Himalayan White Tea is the least processed of all our teas, and hence considered the healthiest. It has the highest level of anti-oxidants of any tea, such as catechins and polyphenols, which help strengthen the immune system. White teas are known for their exceptional delicacy, rare and beautiful aromas and flavors. White tea is produced from silver buds, grown lovingly in our tea estates nestled in the Himalayas situated over 4,000 to 6,000 feet in altitude. The young tea buds are picked shortly before the buds have fully opened and are still covered by fine white hairs, hence the name ‘white tea’. Requiring great care and effort, white tea can only be produced for a short time each year, making it rare and precious.
Potential Health Benefits:
Highest levels of antioxidants and polyphenols; boosts metabolism; promotes healthy skin, teeth and gums; reduces cholesterol; and has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Scoop one teaspoon (~2gm) of white tea into the infuser for one cup.
- Pour in freshly boiled water (ideally at 175°F)
- Let it brew for 4-5 min. Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
- Pour through a strainer and savour the aroma and flavor of this classic tea.
- Use again and again, you can steep this tea 2-3 times.
Take out time once a day to appreciate this subtlest and most delicate of teas.