White Peony Tea
About White Peony Tea
Our White Peony Tea is the least processed of all our teas, and hence considered amongst the healthiest. It is made during only the first flush season each year, using a leaf and a bud, carefully plucked by our expert tea pluckers.
White Peony Tea, much like the silver needle white tea, has high levels of anti-oxidants which help strengthen the immune system. White Peony Teas are known for their exceptional delicacy and their sweet, floral notes. White Peony Tea is produced from silver buds and a leaf, grown lovingly in our tea estates nestled in the Himalayas situated over 4,000 to 6,000 feet in altitude. The young tea buds are picked shortly before the buds have fully opened and are still covered by fine white hairs, hence the name ‘white tea’. Requiring great care and effort, our white peony tea can only be produced for a short time each year, making it rare and precious.
Potential Health Benefits:
Highest levels of antioxidants and polyphenols; boosts metabolism; promotes healthy skin, teeth and gums; reduces cholesterol; and has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Scoop one teaspoon (~2gm) of white peony tea into the infuser for one cup.
- Pour in freshly boiled water (ideally at 175°F)
- Let it brew for 4-5 min. Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
- Pour through a strainer and savour the aroma and flavor of this classic tea.
- Use again and again, you can steep this tea 2-3 times.
Take out time once a day to appreciate this delicate, floral tea.