About Pine-Wood Smoked Black Tea - Himalayan Lapsang Souchong Tea
Our Himalayan Pine-Wood Smoked Black Tea is an ancient and much loved smoked black tea, known for its smoky aroma and a sweet pine flavor.
Large tea leaves are dried over smoky pine fires to make this Smoked Black Tea.
This fully oxidized tea, with rich, stronger flavors and a golden bright colour that develop during the oxidation process. Tea leaves, grown lovingly in our tea estates nestled in the Himalayas situated over 4,000 to 6,000 feet in altitude, are rolled and undergo low level fermentation to create this brisk, light and floral tea with fruity notes. Every sip of this smooth liquor is marked by a pleasing astringency.
Black Orthodox Tea (Whole Leaf)
Potential Health Benefits:
Rich in antioxidants that energize and awaken the senses, improve focus, relieve stress, strengthen bone density, and stimulate metabolism. This tea may help to relieve your blood pressure and bring your bad (LDL) cholesterol and blood sugar levels down.
- Scoop one teaspoon (~2gm) of whole leaf smoked black tea into the infuser for one cup.
- Pour in freshly boiled water (ideally at 195°F)
- Let it brew for 4-5 min. Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
- Pour through a strainer and savour the aroma and flavor of this classic tea.
- Milk and sugar may be added to taste. We recommend honey or brown sugar.
- Use again and again, you can steep this tea 2-3 times.
Drink a cup at any point you want to concentrate or feel alert and energized. Perfect for the winter season, or a cold, rainy day.